Our 15th Year!
Watch for our '15' specials and events!Boy has this Corvid-19 messed with our plans!!!!
1. We recognized our top 25 customers from 2019 with a special 15% discount.
2. We are doing a 15th Anniversary Mystery Block of the Month quilt in three different colorways. See below. Starts January 15, 2020.
3. We will be doing a $15 gift certificate drawing each month from birthday cards redeemed that month.
4. There will be a $15 special on the 15th of each month with a minimum purchase.January - Limited Edition Fiskar Gold Metallic Scissors
February - Books
***This was changed to a weekly $15 fat quarter bundle***
5. One Saturday class each month will be $15.January - Quilter's ToteFebruary - Stack & Whack Fans
Classes cancelled in March for rest of the year!
6. Our 2019 Thread Club members received a special punch card for 15% off 15 spools of thread.
7. We want to do 15 special events this year! We're close. See below for what's planned so far.15 Special Events for our 15th Anniversary
1. Support Your Local Quilt Shop Day - Saturday, January 25 Check!
2. Superbowl Sunday Sewing Event - Sunday, February 2 Check!
3. Newport Quilt Retreat Weekend - Fri-Sun, March 27-29 Cancelled :(
4. Speaking at the Wilbraham Garden Club - Thursday, April 2 Cancelled :(
5. Vending at the Pioneer Valley Quilt Guild Quilt Show - Sat & Sun, May 2 & 3 Cancelled :(
6. Pattern Party - Friday, May 29 2-4 or 6:30-8:30 Cancelled :(
7. Pfaff Education Event with Darrelle Anderson Cancelled :(
8. Vending at Mancuso's World Quilt New England at MGM - Thur-Sat, August 13-15 Cancelled :(
9. Club Challenge Miniature Quilt Show at the Norcross House - Fri & Sat, Aug 21 & 22 Cancelled :(
10. Quilt For A Cure Day - fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research - Saturday, September 26 On-line Check!
11. Massachusetts Quilt Shop Hop - Weds-Sun, October 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 Virtual Check!
12. Sample Sale - Fri & Sat, November 27 & 28
13. Pre-Inventory Clearance Sale - December 26-31Tula Pink's Homemade Challenge
March - September 30, 2020
To watch a video of Tula Pink talking about her collection, her inspiration, and her challenge, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D8wyx1lOg4
To read about it, click here: https://www.freespiritfabrics.com/be-inspired/homemade-challenge/
For complete rules and list of prizes: https://www.freespiritfabrics.com/homemade-challenge-rules/
Here is the revised Calendar for this Challenge:
September 30, 2020
Deadline for entries to be submitted to their local retailer for local judging.
If you do not have a participating local retailer, or your local shop is unable to host an event, you can submit your quilt, following the rules for photography, via the FreeSpirit Click Here to Enter above.
October 1 – October 31, 2020
Participating quilt shops host a local HomeMade Challenge to select their winner.
November 2, 2020
Deadline for retailers to upload images of their local winning quilt, following the rules for photography, via the FreeSpirit Click Here to Enter above.
December 14, 2020
Jury announces 12 quilters whose quilts will be part of the HomeMade Challenge trunk show/exhibit.
January 9, 2021
Deadline for receiving trunk show/exhibition quilts at FreeSpirit Fabrics in Charlotte, NC.
January 9 – January 24, 2021
HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit and voting for First Place, Honorable Mention and Viewer’s Choice.
February 5, 2021
Winners of the HomeMade Challenge Virtual Exhibit are announced.
February – July 2021
HomeMade Challenge Trunk Show. Shop’s whose customer is selected as part of the juried show, can host the trunk show.
FreeSpirit ships the quilts to Quilts Inc. for special exhibit at the Fall International Quilt Market and Festival in Houston, October 2021
Quilts returned to quilters.
YOUR SUBMISSION of imagery and finished work is your agreement that you will abide by the rules and accept the decisions of the jurors and judge.